Keeping Australian Business Alive respects the privacy of everyone who uses www.kabadeals.com.au. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of the personal information of all users of the Site
The information and services offered by Keeping Australian Business Alive are not directed to persons under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information about persons under 18.
- “Partners” means our associated entities (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001) .
- “Platforms” means our website and other O-commerce technology including apps and mobile telephone platforms.
- “Suppliers” means the third-party merchants who engage us to advertise their goods/services.
Access to your personal information
3. You may ask us to provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you unless there is an exception which applies under the Privacy Act. We will deal with any request from you to obtain access to your personal information within a reasonable time. If we refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
4. If you wish to gain access to your personal information or if you have any questions about what sort of personal information we hold and for what purposes and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information, please contact our Privacy Officer.
5. We will take reasonable steps to correct any of your personal information that you can establish is not accurate, complete, up-to-date or relevant.
6. You may ask us to remove your personal information from our database.
How we collect personal information
7. We will, in general, collect your personal information directly from you. For example, we may collect your personal information when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (including letters, faxes and emails or via our Platforms) and when you join Kabadeals as a member/subscriber and when you purchase a Deal. Generally, the type of personal information that we collect includes your name, mailing address and postcode, telephone number/s and email address, date of birth and gender. Where the terms of a Deal do not require a voucher to be redeemed, we will also collect your nominated delivery address.
8. We also use a range of social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter (“social media“) to distribute news, announcements, promotions, Deals and to address community enquiries If you submit or post comments, images, tweets, recordings or other personal content for public display on social media, that information may be available for anyone in the world to read/view/comment on. We encourage you to read the separate social media privacy policies which relates to their use. We are not responsible to you for the information handling practices of social media.
10. When you use and interact with our Platforms, we may collect certain information about your use. For example, our servers may log details about any computer that you use to access our website and we log behavioral data about you in relation to what Deals you have purchased. In addition, our website may store cookies on the web browser of your computer in order to better serve you upon subsequent visits to our Website. Cookies are data that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can facilitate a user’s ongoing access to and use of a site. Cookies allow us to track usage patterns and compile data that can help us improve our content and target advertising. The types of information that cookies can collect includes information about your computer, device, browser, potentially your IP address, and other software or hardware.
If you use our Platforms from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier, geolocation data and other transactional information from that device.
Other types of tracking technologies include pixels, beacons and Adobe Flash technology. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your use of our services, such as webpages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries that you have run and advertisements that you have seen.
11. We may not always collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes we collect your personal information from:
- your personal acquaintances and friends through our “Refer a Friend” promotion of our services via our Platforms and if you are the recipient of an Kabadeals gift card. Information collected from your acquaintances and friends through our “Refer a Friend” promotion and for gift cards is limited to your email address;
- our Partners, where you have given our Partners your express consent to provide your personal information to us.
How we use personal information
12. We collect and use your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- the supply of our services – which includes advertising Supplier’s goods and services through Deals and selling vouchers to you on their behalf;
- to give Suppliers your name, voucher details and if applicable to a Deal, your nominated delivery address;
- to measure and improve our services and our Platforms. That includes improving your experience with our online and off-line services by delivering content to you that we believe you are likely to find relevant and interesting. It may also include using your information for research and data analysis by us and our service providers.
- communicating with you in connection with your Member account information and customer service issues;
- internal management and administrative purposes; and
- marketing of Kabadeals and other promotional purposes in connection with our services. That includes advertising and marketing messages (which may include the display of personalised content and advertising) and to participate in competitions. Competitions are conducted by our business partners and are subject to their privacy policies.
13. The main consequences if all or some of your personal information is not collected, is that you may not be able to purchase Deals from us, or enjoy the benefits of our other services.
14. We may also disclose your personal information to third party service and content providers that we engage to help us to help us provide and manage our services including to process payments, website hosting service providers, data cloud services, electronic communication providers and data analysis. We take reasonable steps that your personal information is only used for the services/purposes we require.
These third party service and content providers may be located in a range of different countries including the United Kingdom and United State of America. We generally require that these service and content providers comply with relevant privacy laws and do not use the personal information which we provide for any purpose other than the specific services they are providing to you and/or us.
15. If you log in with or connect a social media account with our services, we may share your user name, picture, tweets, likes and preferences, as well as any other of your activities and comments, with other users of our services, and your friends who are linked to your social media account and with the social media provider. If you do not want your personal information shared in this way, you should not connect your social media account with our services and you should not participate in social media sharing of your information.
16. Whilst we stipulate in our contracts with Suppliers that your personal information cannot be used for any purpose other than the supply of their goods / services to you or as specifically set out in the Deal terms, we cannot guarantee that a Supplier will not use your personal information for any other purpose.
17. We may also disclose your personal information to Suppliers for other purposes, for example competitions and promotions run by the relevant Supplier. However we will only do this if disclosed in the specific Deal Terms and you place an order for the Deal.
20. If we sell some or all of our business or any assets forming part of our business, including any of our Platforms, you agree that we may transfer to the buyer your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information to potential buyers as part of any due diligence process in connection with a sale of any part of our business or business assets.
21. You expressly consent to us using your personal information for all of these purposes.
22. Other than as set out above or as required or permitted by law, we do not disclose your personal information we collect to third parties. That includes for the purpose of allowing third parties to direct market their products and services, unless you agree to us doing so on an “opt in” basis.
Credit card information
24. You may at any time through your account settings, request to “opt out” of receiving any marketing or promotional material from us and also request that we do not disclose your personal information to our Partners for direct marketing.
25. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or text message. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving “push notifications”, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
26. If you have linked any of your social media accounts to your account with us, then you can cancel that link by changing your account settings.
Third party content
29. We are committed to protecting your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We store your personal information either in hard copy form or as electronic data in our IT systems. We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information in our care, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We maintain physical security over our hard copy and electronic data, such as locks and security systems. We also maintain computer and network security, for example, by using firewalls and other security systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer system. We will take steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information, if we no longer require it.
30. If you wish to make a complaint about the manner in which we collect, handle, use or disclose your personal information, you may do so verbally or in writing to our Privacy Officer at the contact details above.
31. Our complaints process is:
- We will use our best endeavours to resolve your complaint within 30 days of receipt of your complaint.
- We will advise you of the outcome of our investigative process into your complaint including what you can do.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved satisfactorily within 30 days of receipt of the complaint and there is no timely prospect of the complaint being resolved, you may submit your complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
- There will be no charges associated with handling the complaint.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you at all times. If you are concerned about our use of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org